Welcome to Louisville real estate reports for October 2014!
In a surprising turn of events, Louisville home sales actually rose in October. Not every MLS area, mind you, but many and the overall total number of homes sold in Jefferson County for the month increased.
Color me surprised and a little bit encouraged. See your home Area in the chart below? What do you think?
Louisville Real Estate Reports (period ending October 2014)
Great month for this area as both metrics moved higher. Sales were about even with September but beat the previous year which is really the measuring stick. Home values are a big surprise here but a pleasant one for sure.
After a strange September, home sales in this area were more on par with what we would expect–still strong but down from a year ago. Vales remain quite flat and are likely to move lower as we head into the Winter months.
I’ve also updated the Quarterly Louisville MLS areas through last month.
- Area 0: Central Downtown District, Old Louisville Homes
- Area 1: Downtown, Old Louisville, West Louisville Homes
- Area 4: Pleasure Ridge, Valley Station, Shively Homes
- Area 5: Auburndale, Fairdale, Iroquois Park, Shively Homes
- Area 11: Bullitt County Homes
- Area 19: Spencer County Homes
- Area 30: Shelby County Homes