The biggest winners this month were Area 9 and Area 21 where both metrics saw gains. Other areas did, as well, while a few were dropping points during January.
Louisville Real Estate Charts (period ending January 2015)
While it was a great month for Area 2, it was quite the opposite for its neighbor to the North. The median home value simply crashed, dropping $60k in a single month. This while home sales activity was down by 8 less properties sold when compared to January 2014.
Area 21 didn’t perform as well as December but that was a crazy great month for sales in South Oldham. Beat the previous year in January is still quite good. Especially when you see home values moving up!
For the other Louisville MLS areas, they are updated quarterly. You may find them through the links below:
- Area 0: Central Downtown District, Old Louisville Homes
- Area 1: Downtown, Old Louisville, West Louisville Homes
- Area 4: Pleasure Ridge, Valley Station, Shively Homes
- Area 5: Auburndale, Fairdale, Iroquois Park, Shively Homes
- Area 11: Bullitt County Homes
- Area 19: Spencer County Homes
- Area 30: Shelby County Homes