No matter the time of year, people are always looking for fun or relaxing things to do. Outdoor activity isn’t only for summer. One popular activity is enjoying an outdoor spa or hot tub. But some find selecting the right hot tub a difficult process. That’s what this article is meant to help!
Imagine having a hot tub right in your own back yard? It will certainly enhance your ability to enjoy your outdoor spaces. Invite some friends over! Maybe have a date night just you and your special someone? Spending time in your hot tubs will certainly reduce stress.
If you’ve already made the decision to buy, now you need to do some research. Selecting the right hot tub comes down to finding answers to some specific questions.
Let’s dig it!
General Consideration in a Hot Tub
But with so many different types and brands of hot tubs, where does one begin? Here are some basic questions to ask:
- How much space do you have?
- What is your budget?
- How many people do you want to accommodate?
- Would you prefer hands-on upkeep or a more automatic solution?
Doing your homework before purchasing is the smart way to go. What follows are things to look for when comparing hot to models.
Things to Consider When Selecting the Right Hot Tub
These are ten things you want to look for when evaluating different hot tubs. Maybe print this off and bring it with you when visiting the store.
- Start with overall size. Will it simply fit two people? Or are you looking for it to handle as many as 8? This will help you narrow the field greatly.
- Only consider long-lasting materials. The cheapest models are not going to last, especially if there’s not a covering above the hot tub space.
- Check the control panel for ease-of-use. Most today are digital in nature.
- Think about installation. Is the spot where you want the hot tub to live easy to access? These are large items we’re talking about. The best value hot tubs almost always come with installation included.
- Look for a model with an energy-efficient pump. Buying the system is only part of the financial investment. Your electrical bill has a portion dedicated to running your hot tub.
- The number of jets is a large reason for the price. If you can try out several models, go for it.
- Ask for warranty information. This is huge! The last thing you want is to go through the entire process only to have the hot tub fail in a couple of months.
- A few models come with a waterfall feature to make the experience feel more luxurious.
- The lights installed inside or outside of the tub should be LED because they last longer and save you money.
- Sometimes a model will tout solar power. Depending on where you live, this might help save some of the cost of running the system.
Even if you spend a little extra on it, it will save you a lot of money in time, especially going on holidays, or paying membership fees to the spas, you can have one in your back yard.
Top Brands to Choose from
Believe it or not, there are a large number of manufactures of these spas. Below are four of the main ones available on the market and from specialist stores and the most popular brands of the lot.
- Jacuzzi Hot Tubs and Spas
- Hot Spring Spas and Hot Tubs
- Sundance Spas
- Cal Spas
- ThermoSpas Hot Tubs
Take your time and do the research. Experts say that the best time to purchase a hot tub is around the New Year. This could save you some money!
We hope you’re enjoyed this piece. Please share with someone you know who might be looking to purchase a hot tub in their future.