Welcome to our Louisville Real Estate Update for the month of July 2016. This monthly post includes Louisville home sales numbers along with price data divided up by our Greater Louisville Association of Realtors (GLAR) MLS areas. Click the map to better where your Louisville home is located.
Louisville Real Estate Update (August 2015 – July 2016)
Overall, most of Louisville saw home sales come up short when compared to July 2015… which just so happen to be a record-setting month. So, when you put things in perspective it’s truly not a terrible performance.
Housing inventory levels remain incredibly low and this has hampered our sales activity from being even stronger. A few of our MLS areas below still managed to beat out the previous year.
The real story is home prices which are moving higher in almost every part of the city. Three MLS areas (#7 Jeffersontown, #8 Middletown and #21 South Oldham) in particular, saw home prices rocket to record levels. Wow!
Our other Louisville real estate update reports for the remaining MLS areas are updated each quarter. The following areas were just completed through Q2 of 2016.
- Area 0: Central Downtown District, Old Louisville Homes
- Area 1: Downtown, Old Louisville, West Louisville Homes
- Area 4: Pleasure Ridge, Valley Station, Shively Homes
- Area 5: Auburndale, Fairdale, Iroquois Park, Shively Homes
- Area 11: Bullitt County Homes
- Area 19: Spencer County Homes
- Area 30: Shelby County Homes