Here at Louisville Homes Blog, we have data on just about every aspect of Louisville real estate. Mouse over the Housing Reports tab above and see all of them! This page, however, is dedicated to the most recent, average home price in Louisville KY.
This page is dedicated to tracking both the median and average sales price for homes sold in Louisville, KY for the past 36 months. To clarify, people here think of “Louisville” many different ways. It used to be simply the Louisville city limit then the city and county governments merged in 2003. Currently, all of Jefferson County is considered Louisville.
Practically speaking, many of us think of our neighboring counties (Oldham, Shelby, Spencer, and Bullitt) as being part of Louisville, as well. Who am I to say they’re wrong?
Average Home Price in Louisville
But for the purpose of this page tracking the average home price in Louisville, we’re just going to focus on all of Jefferson Couty. Below you’ll see the most recent chart for both the average and median prices for going back three years.
Per this chart, the current average home price in Louisville is $202,409. The median price of homes sold this past month is $168,000.
Other Louisville Real Estate Information
We also have monthly housing reports that include home sales and prices for the following MLS areas:
- Area 2: The Highlands (Also includes: Butchertown, Germantown, Parkway Village, Audubon Park, Seneca Gardens, Tyler Park and nearby areas.)
- Area 3: St. Matthews (Also includes: Crescent Hill, Clifton, Mockingbird Gardens, Mockingbird Valley, Indian Hills, Cherokee Gardens, Rolling Fields and nearby areas.)
- Area 6: Okolona (Also includes: Newburg, Highview, Fern Creek, Buechel, Cooper Farms and nearby areas.)
- Area 7: Jeffersontown (Also includes: Fern Creek, Hikes Point, Stony Brook, Houston Acres, Hurstbourne Acres, St. Regis Park, Billtown Farms, Saratoga Woods, Saratoga Springs, Shakes Run, Glenmary/Glenmary Estates, Stone Lakes, Watterson Woods and nearby areas.)
- Area 8: Middletown (Also includes: Hurstbourne, Douglass Hills, Anchorage, Plainview, Arlington Meadows, Forest Springs, Glen Lakes, Lake Forest, Locust Creek, Polo Fields, Woodmont and nearby areas.)
- Area 9: Prospect (Also includes: Anchorage, Glenview, Lyndon, Norton Commons, Springhurst, Beech Spring Farm, Hunting Creek/Hunting Creek Estates, Graymoor/Devondale, Oakhurst, Rock Springs and nearby areas.)
- Area 20: North Oldham County
- Area 21: South Oldham County
Then we do quarterly housing reports for these MLS areas:
- Area 0: Downtown (Also includes: Old Louisville, NuLu, Shelby Park and a portion of Old Louisville.)
- Area 1: Old Louisville (Also includes: West Louisville, Portland, Shawnee, Shively, Chickasaw, Parkland and nearby areas.)
- Area 4: Pleasure Ridge Park (Also includes: Valley Station, Shively, Grandel Farms, Hunters Pointe and nearby areas.)
- Area 5: Fairdale (Also includes: Auburndale, Iroquois Park, Beechmont, Hazelwood, Windsor Forest, Yorktown North and nearby areas.)
- Area 11: Bullitt County
- Area 19: Spencer County
- Area 30: Shelby County
Lastly, we track all of Louisville home sales (Jefferson County) for the past six years in a handy, easy-to-read chart, as well.
So, if there’s anything we don’t have that you’d like to see, just contact us! We’re a bunch of number geeks so new projects are always welcome!